The Green Garage is three things: a building located in the Midtown area of Detroit, a business enterprise, and a community of people dedicated to Detroit's sustainable future.
The building dates back to 1920, when it was a showroom for Model T-based automobiles, and is on the National Registry of Historic Places (see building history
). It was purchased in 2008 by Tom and Peggy Brennan, who, with a wonderful community of over 200 individuals, have completed a green, historic renovation. The renovation work can be seen on the Green Garage's construction
The Green Garage's principal business focus is helping triple bottom line businesses grow naturally. Since opening in the fall of 2011, businesses have begun to locate in the building and create a sustainable community.
Photo by Marvin Shaouni Photography.